GingerLead – Dog Support and Rehabilitation Harness
The GingerLead – Dog Support and Rehabilitation Harness is recommended by veterinarians and used in vet hospitals and clinics to help dogs with weak hind legs. It features a comfy padded handle and built-in detachable leash that can be hooked to your dog’s collar or harness. Plus, the stay-on straps can be fastened above your dog’s back to secure the pad in place.
Key Features and Benefits
- Available for male and female dogs
- Can be used with either your dog collar or harness
- The padded corduroy hugs your dog’s belly and doesn’t bunch, while the durable construction is sturdy enough to support your dog’s hind end so he can have more mobility with your help
- Perfect for senior dogs with limited mobility or joint conditions like arthritis or degenerative myelopathy, as well as pups recovering from knee, hip or back surgeries or injuries
- Tall sizes have adjustable straps that are shorter and sit closer to your dog’s back
- V-shaped cutout for the male harness to allow for more space and ease of access
- Easy to use and machine washable
Support Pad Width – Measure from the front of the hind legs (in front of the penis for male dogs) towards your dogs chest to determine the support pad width.
For wide chested dogs – Boxers etc, measure just the belly area to the base of the rib cage. Downsizing is common for these breeds.
Female Dogs – Fold a bath towel to 7.5 inches wide to simulate a Large Female GingerLead, then sling it under her belly. If that’s too big, then re-fold the towel to 4 inches wide to simulate a Small Female GingerLead. If she is in between sizes, re-fold the towel to 5.5 inches to simulate a Medium (Large Male) GingerLead. If the small is too big for her, try the Mini GingerLead.
Male Dogs – Fold a bath towel to 5.5 inches wide to simulate a Medium (Large Male) GingerLead, then sling it under your dog’s belly in front of his penis. If that’s too big, then re-fold the towel to 3.5 inches wide to simulate a Small Male GingerLead. If that’s too big for him, try our Mini GingerLead.
Male Dachshunds typically use the Mini GingerLead with the sling behind their penis.
Adjusting Dimensions – Measure starting where the handle of the GingerLead will rest in your hand (while you are standing upright), continue under your dog’s belly, up the other side, then back to your hand completing the loop. If it measures 37″ or less, the Tall size should be considered.
Large Female, Med / Large (Unisex), Mini, Small Female, Small Male, Tall Female, Tall Male